Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Belper Town FC app


Academy - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Belper Town FC
Sandiacre Town
Thu 5 Oct 19:30 - Cup Full time

Belper Town 1-0 Sandiacre Town

Young Nailers edge closer to First Round proper

While league form hasn't been the best for the young Belper players, they have won all three FA Youth Cup games, beating Ashby Ivanhoe, Eastwood CFC and now Sandiacre Town.

Belper started very quickly against Sandiacre and it took only 2 minutes for them to break the deadlock as Owen Nixon whipped the ball into the box, Sandiacre failed to clear and Dan Daley tucked the ball into the corner to give Belper an early lead. It took Sandiacre until the 13th minute to have their first shot of the game as their midfielder had a shot which sailed over the bar.

Sandiacre fashioned another chance as they put a free kick into the box which was headed across goal only for their forward to fluff his lines and put the ball over from inside the 6 yard box. Sandiacre created a few chances in the first half and were nearly level when a ball was put in from a corner and after bouncing off a few heads the ball made it's way towards goal only for them to see it land in Sam Gilbert's hands.

Right on the stroke of half time no.9 was booked for Sandiacre and this caused some controversy later on in the game.

Belper made it into half time at 1-0 but had to make a change with Benji Tunicliffe going off injured and being replaced by Brandon Taylor

There were not a lot of chances in the second half and it turned into more of a midfield battle but when no.9 appeared to have got his 2nd yellow of the game for Sandiacre, the Belper bench were left confused to see him not sent off. With 10 minutes to go Sandiacre had a great chance to equalise but the forward dragged his shot wide of the mark.

With only a couple minutes to play Dan Tidmarsh made his way into the box for Belper and got brought down but the Belper players appeal for a penalty were waved away by the referee saying the Sandiacre defender had got the ball. Sam Bunting got his first run out of the season as he came on for the final minutes with Jack Cain making way.

As the game drew closer to the end Sandiacre managed to create one more chance as they got through on goal and should of probably scored but Sam Gilbert managed to stick his foot out to save the low shot.

That save proved vital as moments later the referee blew for full time and Belper had made it through to the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Youth Cup where they will play Bottesford Town.

Belper Town XI: Gilbert, Tidmarsh, Brady, Armstead, L.Higton, Boyall, Daley, Nixon, Cain, Holloway, Tunnicliffe
Subs: Carter, Gregory, Taylor, Bunting, Pickering

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors